IGCSE in Chemistry aims to develop an understanding of the unifying patterns and themes of chemistry, as well as experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques. Students will gain an appreciation of scientific methods and learn to form hypotheses and design experiments to test them.COURSE DETAILS
The Edexcel IGCSE in Chemistry qualification enables students to:
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - IGCSE in Chemistry
- Course Code: UIG03
- learn about the unifying patterns and themes of chemistry
- appreciate the practical nature of chemistry, acquiring experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
- appreciate the importance to scientific methods of accurate experimental work and reporting
- form hypotheses and design experiments to test them
- develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context
- understand the widespread importance of chemistry and the way materials are used in the world
- appreciate how the work of the chemist has social, industrial, technological, environmental and economic consequences for the community
- prepare for more advanced courses in chemistry and for courses which require them to have a knowledge of chemistry
QUALIFICATION INFORMATIONEdexcel IGCSE in Chemistry (4CH0)
- Section 1: Principles of chemistry
- Section 2: Chemistry of the elements
- Section 3: Organic chemistry
- Section 4: Physical chemistry
- Section 5: Chemistry in society
A detailed description of the specification can be found on the Edexcel website:
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/IGCSE New IGCSE/IGCSE Chemistry (4CH0) Issue 3.pdf
METHOD OF STUDY
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
- Our IGCSE courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device. Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you. All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
COURSE LENGTH INFORMATION
- Your course of study is broken down into units and sections, each of which contains lessons, activities and test papers.
- Courses are delivered on our Moodle based Digital Learning Environment CloudPort allowing you to study from anywhere on any smart device as long as you have access to the Internet.
- The course concludes by preparing you for examination using past papers in your chosen subject.
Our IGCSE courses come with tutor support for 12 months.TUTOR SUPPORT
- Your have access to both a student service advisor and academic course tutor. Your student service advisor will offer assistance with administrative and technical issues.
- Your academic tutor will support you with any course related questions you might have. In addition you have access to an interactive forum where you can engage with your fellow course students.
- Our core pedagogy highlights the significance of peer support in the learning process and as such all students are encouraged to support their fellow students using support forum.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.