IS20 Security Controls Online Course
IS20 Security Controls Online Training Series
Training Series OverviewThis series covers everything you need to know about IS20 Security Controls. Students will learn about inventory of authorized and unauthorized devices, inventory of authorized and unauthorized software, secure configurations for hardware and software on laptops, workstations and servers, secure configurations for hardware network devices such as firewalls, routers and switches, boundary defense, maintenance, monitoring, and analysis of audit logs, application software security, controlled use of administrative privileges, controlled access based on need to know, continuous vulnerability assessment and remediation, account monitoring and control, malware defenses, limitation and control of network ports, protocols and services, wireless device control, data loss prevention, secure network engineering, penetration tests and red team exercises, incident response capability, data recovery capability, and security skills assessment and appropriate training to fill gaps.
Career Path: Professional roles include, but at not limited to Security Consultant/Analyst, Penetration Tester, Security Forensics Experts, and Network Security Engineer.
Series Taught By: Tracy Preston
Certification DetailsBecoming certified in Information Systems 20 Controls verifies that you have learned the important security controls and their methodologies as outlined by the US Department of Defense and other major players in the cyber security sector. You have an understanding of how attacks work and what needs to be done to prevent them. You are trained to improve security in networks by implementing the top 20 security controls, allowing you to prevent and detect. Those certified in IS20 Controls are now prepared to be leaders of future security projects, because they will have a plan for exactly what needs to be done in securing a network.
Certification Exam Details:
IS20 Security Controls: Learn More about this certification exam.
Does this training qualify for college credits?
Yes! This course series, as an elective title, does qualify for 1-3 college credits to be applied towards a degree program offered at American Business and Technology University.
Available CEUs for Course Series Completion: 5
Students can earn up to 5 CEUs for fully completing this course series. This information will be displayed on the certificate of completion.
Learn on-demand from top instructors who are industry subject matter experts. Our highly certified expert instructors possess a superior understanding of the subject matter in their fields and have the ability to convey this knowledge in an effective, engaging, and professional manner to a wide audience.
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of a series of courses you can earn a certificate of completion from Learning247. Certificates of Completion will display your full name, course completed, as well as the date of completion. Students have the ability to print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Many of the in-depth theories and processes discussed in our courses can be learned most efficiently through the detailed PowerPoint slides presented. These visuals are accompanied by an instructor voice-over to provide our students with a clear, efficient, and complete presentation of concepts.
The immersive demonstrations in our training are a way for the instructor to present how to perform a task on-screen in front of the student. This feature gives the student the power to see tasks performed by a professional in the intended environment as many times as they would like, without purchasing expensive software.
Once a course is completed, test your knowledge by taking our course review quiz! Students have the ability to retake any review quizzes as many times as they wish to ensure they understand the material or to improve upon their scores.
Upon full completion of a training series, students can take a Series Final Exam, these exams are designed to test the students knowledge on all material trained within a series of courses. Students have the ability to retake any final exam as many times as they wish to ensure they understand the material or to improve upon their score.
With our universal course player, you can learn from your computer, tablet as well as mobile devices. Keep up with your training on the go!
Each course comes with a printable workbook that makes it easy to take notes as you learn. They also include a review quiz answer key, complete with answer explanations.
- Course 01 - Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Devices 6m
- Course 02 - Inventory of Authorized and Unauthorized Software 6m
- Course 03 - Secure Configurations for Hardware and Software on Laptops, Workstations and Servers 12m
- Course 04 - Secure Configurations for Hardware Network Devices such as Firewalls, Routers and Switches 13m
- Course 05 - Boundary Defense 9m
- Course 06 - Maintenance, Monitoring, and Analysis of Audit Logs 9m
- Course 07 - Application Software Security 14m
- Course 08 - Controlled Use of Administrative Privileges 9m
- Course 09 - Controlled Access Based on Need to Know 6m
- Course 10 - Continuous Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation 10m
- Course 11 - Account Monitoring and Control 10m
- Course 12 - Malware Defenses 10m
- Course 13 - Limitation and Control of Network Ports, Protocols and Services 7m
- Course 14 - Wireless Device Control 14m
- Course 15 - Data Loss Prevention 9m
- Course 16 - Secure Network Engineering 6m
- Course 17 - Penetration Tests and Red Team Exercises 11m
- Course 18 - Incident Response Capability 7m
- Course 19 - Data Recovery Capability 6m
- Course 20 - Security Skills Assessment and Appropriate Training to Fill Gaps 8m