Manual Handling - Section 1
- Set out the aims of the course;
- Identify the qualifying units for manual handling training that contribute to a level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma
- Define Manual Handling, and
- Look at government statistics for injuries caused by incorrect manual handling.
Manual Handling - Section 2
- consider the range of injuries that can arise from incorrect manual handling.
Manual Handling - Section 3
- state the legal requirements relating to manual handling; and
- study the process for assessing the risk of injury.
Manual Handling - Section 4
- Study the forces affecting the body when lifting or pushing and pulling - the biomechanics of manual handling
- Set out the best way to lift or push and pull using biomechanical principles
- Set out sensible lifting limits
- Discuss the points to consider when a team of people carry out manual handling activities
- Consider the environment around you when performing a manual handling operation
Manual Handling - Section 5
- Consider the requirements for handling and moving people; and
- Consider the special handling needs of bariatric people.
- Discuss ‘Agreed Ways of Working’, the Care Plan, Updating a Care Plan
- Discuss how to prevent and handle falls
Manual Handling - Section 6
- look at how ergonomic design can improve the efficiency of safe manual handling;
- state the legal requirements for using equipment and lifting devices; and
- Consider good practice for controlling infection when manual handling.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.