There are many children and young people in society who are in danger and at risk of harm from others due to their inability to protect themselves. Children interact with adults in a wide range of settings and organisations. There are millions of children who live, work and play in environments where adults provide and facilitate education, leisure, support and care. The term environment includes a wide range of familiar institutions such as schools, colleges, hospitals, care homes, youth organisations and, of course, the family home.
A wide range of agencies deliver education, care and leisure services to children and there is a legal requirement on all such agencies to protect the children under their responsibility. It is intended that the effects of harm and abuse can be minimised by raising awareness through programmes of study such as this. Child abuse is illegal and is thought to be more widespread than previously acknowledged. It is important to note that whether the abuse is deliberate or not, the abused are affected in the same way.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:Expert Online Training:
Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations:
Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.Navigation and Controls:
These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.Certificate of Completion:
Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment. LEARNING OUTCOME
- Understand the legal definition and status of 'the child'
- Understand the concepts of 'child vulnerability', 'child protection' and 'significant harm' in order to recognise the signs of vulnerability and gain an appreciation of child protection issues
- Define abuse and bullying and be aware of the signs and symptoms that indicate the four main forms of abuse
- Explore the current legislation, guidance and policies that exist to protect children's safety and well-being in a range of environments
- Identify both organisational and personal roles and responsibilities in relation to child protection procedures, including disclosure, recording and referral
- Understand post-referral processes.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.