This course has been written to introduce its reader to the ADVANCED level of Safeguarding Children & Young Adults.
This involves understanding safeguarding definitions, legislation, inter-agency framework and policies; recognising types of abuse; professional responsibilities towards children; ways of recognising, responding, recording and preventing child abuse; handling information about a child and their guardian; clinical knowledge, skills and responsibilities, working with other professionals.
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
• Safeguarding Definitions
• Safeguarding Framework and Nursing Staff Groups
• Introduction to Maltreatment
• Recognising Types of Abuse
• Reporting Maltreatment
• Ethics and Handling InformationModule 2 - Legislation, Guidelines and Frameworks
• Key Legislation, Rights and Needs
• Implication of Legislations and Inter-agency Policy
• Inter-agency Frameworks and Assessment Processes
• Role and Importance of LCSB
• Policies and Practice Between LocationsModule 3 - Clinical Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilities
• Applying Clinical Knowledge in Context of Safeguarding
• Communicating with Children and Family
• Assessment and Escalation
• Management of Cases
• Patient, Death and Forensic ManagementModule 4 - Working with Other Professionals; Legal and QA Responsibilities
• Promoting a Supportive Environment
• Communicating Productively
• Recognising Who to Work With
• Issues Directly Affecting Professionals
• Active Participation in Assessment and Planning
• Advanced Documentation
• Contributing to Legal Processes
• Contributing to Audit Processes
This will be tested by a multiple choice quiz, with a pass mark of 75%. This will only appear once all pages have been clicked on and read.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.